Ingredients for the filling
- 2 cups pineapple diced
- 2 cups apples diced with skin
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped into small pieces
- ¾ cup blended apple/ pineapple
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for the topping
- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup dried/ flaked coconut (optional)
- 2 tbsp water
- In a bowl, combine all the filling ingredients and toss well. Pour into an 8 by 8 inch pan.
- Place all topping ingredients in a food processor and pulse briefly till the ingredients are blended (you don’t want the oats to break down too much).
- Spread this over the filling evenly and press down slightly.
- Bake at 190 degrees C for about 30 minutes or until the top is slightly browned. Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.