- ½ cup barnyard millet
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ½ cup grated beetroot
- ½ cup finely grated coconut
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Handful of broken peanuts
- Salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice to taste
- Roast the millet for 6-7 minutes ( it can be roasted in large quantities and stored). Roasting ensures that the millets don’t stick together once cooked.
- Boil it in a large amount of water for 5/6 minutes.
- Once done, drain the remaining water.
- This water can be used for soups or other cooking. Keep aside to cool.
- Dry roast the mustard seeds, peanuts and curry leaves in a wok.
- Once the millet has cooled down, mix it with the carrots, beetroot and coconut, salt chilli powder and lemon juice.
- Serve with Chutney.