- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- A pinch of Aesofoetida
- ¼ tsp Fenugreek seeds
- Kashmiri Red chilli whole
- ½ green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Besan
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup dairy free curd
- Tamarind pulp or lemon juice to taste
- 2 Onions chopped
- ½ cup besan
- 1 tsp carom seeds
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- chopped spinach (optional)
- salt to taste
- Dry roast the mustard seeds, aesofotida, methi seeds, Kashmiri Red chilli and green chilli
- Mix besan in ½ a cup of water. Pour it on the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Add more water if required, ensuring it does not become lumpy.
- Add turmeric, salt and curd. Mix well. Add more water as per requirement.
- Add tamarind pulp or lemon juice as per taste. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Mix some salt in the onions till they soften.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients along with a bit of water to make a thick batter.
- Preheat the oven at 180.
- Place the batter in small blobs on the baking tray and bake for approx.10 minutes, till lightly browned.
- Remove these from the tray. Dunk them in the kadhi or enjoy them with chutney.
Serves 2 – 3