This Holi, I tried this delicious and healthy vegan version of thandai by a friend and former retreat participant Priyanka Jain, and absolutely loved it! Full of varied flavours and so rich, it just made my day! Go ahead, try it!
- 8 almonds, soaked and peeled.
- 2 walnuts , soaked and peeled.
- 1 tsp watermelon seeds, soaked.
- 6-8 pistachios
- 3-4 dates, soaked.
- 3-4 cardamom seeds
- 2 black pepper
- Few strands of saffron, soaked in warm water
- Blend everything together with with very little water to make a thick paste. Then add more water to reach desired consistency and blend again.
- Garnish with Kesar strands, rose petals and watermelon seeds.