This smoothie is a perfect example of a recipe that could contain potentially hazardous ingredients :-
- highly processed and chemical laden, sugary drinking chocolate
- zero nutrient, empty calorie sugar
- Hormone, antibiotic, pus laden and acidic milk
We’ve literally traded the above for natural, unprocessed nutrient dense ingredients and the result is that you get a power packed milk shake. Thats why I call it the IRON MAN CHOCOLATE MILK SHAKE.
The smoothie is a delicious cocktail of :-
- magnesium rich cacao (we use @masonandco or @urbanplatter)
- iron rich dates
- protein rich almonds
- Calcium rich sesame
- Banana (not naming the nutrients here, as it just contains way too many to be fair) .
Plus the smoothie a full fibre, and lower in calories than its original counterpart.
Ready to give this deliciousness a try ?
1 tbsp. of sesame seeds- raw, organic, unpolished
2-4 dates (de-seeded)
1 banana (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Soak the almonds (with skin) and sesame separately for upto 4 hours. Drain the water. Wash with fresh water.
Grind the almonds and sesame together adding minimal water till smooth. Now add the remaining ingredients along with ice/water and blend till smooth.
Pour this deliciousness into a tall glass and serve. Garnish with chopped almonds or cacao nibs.
Optional Flavours – Add 1.5 tbsp peanut butter or 1 cardamom /a pinch of cinnamon /a pinch of saffron instead of cocoa powder.